Last updated: 15 May 2019
What information do we collect?
The following information is collected when signing up for a CLIMsystems user account.
- Email address
- Password hash (your actual password is not stored in our databases)
- Job title
- Phone, fax and mobile numbers
The following information is collected when you are provided a product key and interact with the licence activation system:
- Log of product activations, including date, time and machine name
The following information is collected when users request a product trial:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone no
- Mobile no
- Street address
- Organization type
- Current tool
- Invest time
- Decision making
- If you are (or have been) subscribed to our newsletter, your e-mail address has been added to our mailing list, which is hosted by Mailchimp.
How do we collect your data?
- Through our web site (create user account form, trial request form, etc)
- Communication via direct contact (phone, e-mail, in-person contact, etc)
How is your data stored?
- Your data is stored in an encrypted database, hosted in Microsoft Azure servers.
- Some data may be stored in email, cloud storage and online CRM services hosted by Google, Microsoft, Mailchimp and Podio.
- Our agreements with these providers protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
What do we do with your information?
Your information is used to:
- Provide product licence activation and licence management
- Provide customized user account experience on our web site for the user
- Provide us with information for a better support experience
- Assist our sales and customer support staff members
- Send occasional optional newsletters, which contain company news and product announcements
Who has access to your data?
- CLIMsystems staff members (support, sales and database administrators)
- We do not share your data directly with third parties, though some third parties may be used to host your data. See “How is your data stored?” for more information.
A cookie is a small file/database entry that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our web site. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use, the browser that you use and what domain you are accessing our sites from.
You can use the settings of your web browser to disable and delete cookies (this will result in the ‘My Account’ section of the web site from not working correctly). If you do not login to our web site no cookie will be created.
Contacting us directly
Post: P.O. Box 638, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3204, New Zealand
What are your data protection rights?
- You have the right to request (and receive) a copy of the data we have about you.
- You have the right to make corrections to your data.
- You have the right to request your data be deleted from our servers.
Managing your data
You can update your personal data profile though the “My Account” section of our web site.
If you would like to receive a copy of your data, request that we delete all your data from our servers, or correct issues with your data, please e-mail us email@example.com.
How can I contact the appropriate authority?
If you wish to make a complaint or feel we have not addressed your concerns, you should contact the Information Commission’s office.