If you wish to import one or more area data folders stored in another location (e.g. a folder, USB memory stick or external drive, CD/DVD) follow the instructions below:
- Start the Area Manager.
- Click the Import button on the toolbar or click Area -> Import on the main menu.
- The Import dialog will be displayed. Click the “Select folder” button.
- Browse to the folder you wish to import from. This can be a SimCLIM 4.0 for Desktop area folder OR a folder that contains multiple SimCLIM 4.0 for Desktop folders (if you wish to import multiple folders).
- Two panels will be displayed, the “Area tree” (which matches your Area Tree Index from the main window) and a list of “Importable areas”.
- Drag areas from the “Importable areas” list to the “Area Tree Index”.
- Click the Import button. The files will now be copied to your data folder. Depending on the size of the files and speed of your system, this may take several minutes.
- Once complete, the Import dialog box will close and the changes should be displayed in the main window.
- Save your changes.